Wednesday 11 January 2017

Pathway - NottsForgotten








Pathway Phase

NottsForgotten Contest


This competition was open to students and architects from Nottinghamshire. The goal was to revitalise an underused are of Nottingham City Centre.

I decided to go with the idea of a street food market. I have seen this phenomenon take off in London since I first experienced food carts in Portland, Oregon ten years ago. Ready to eat street food traders are a very common sight at every "farmers market" that starts around London. 

The benefits of this idea include a rotating roster of traders, meaning variety and return visits to try new traders, the use of the Wing Walk car park site can be retained for parking revenue on weekends and evenings, and the location being just off Hockley is very in keeping with the "hipster" atmosphere of the area. 

I began by experimenting with some different logo ideas, first in brainstorming and then roughly mocking up some different options.



The final branding I settled upon is below. I like that there is a cognitive dissonance created between the word "Park" and the double yellow lines which designate no parking areas. I hope this creates enough of a "hook" to stick in people's minds. 














No comments:

Post a Comment