Saturday 4 March 2017

Exploratory Phase - Fashion









Exploratory Phase - Fashion


I was confident going into this week. My tall, sometimes fat body has often been awkward to dress and I have developed an eye for fit and proportion that makes charity shopping a lot easier.

My research included Gareth Pugh, Graeme Armour and I have a very strong affinity for gothic aesthetics. 

Bin bags, plastic cups and coat hangers felt a little like a safe choice, but I was challenged by the tutors to make 60 different samples. That really made me think outside my box of preconceived ideas, and improved my mannequin a lot. While the overall shape and feel was similar to how I envisaged it, there were some significant developments that came from experimenting. I would very much like to work in the fashion discipline more, but have felt drawn to other areas by subsequent briefs.

I swapped samples with another student to see how a fresh pair of eyes would hold and use these items. We also used video to capture how the samples moved while in motion.



No comments:

Post a Comment